- This event has passed.
Floris UMC Forum
February 6 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
We are sharing this information with our Floris/Restoration community and other United Methodists to prepare for the General Conference (GC) 2024. Join us in person or watch online.
Virginia Conference leaders and other global leaders working in the United Methodist Church discuss legislation presented at GC 2024. Leaders are working to create a new regional structure for the United States church and remove harmful language about our LGBTQ+ siblings. Find out how these changes impact the church and our faith community.
- GC 2024 updates
- Book of Discipline, including inclusive language
- The Christmas Covenant
- What happens if the GC does not pass new legislation
- Bishop Sue Haupert-Johnson, Resident Bishop of the Virginia Conference
- Rev. Dr. Mark Holland, Director of Mainstream UMC
- Martha Stokes, Virginia Conference Lay Leader
- Rev. Gina Anderson-Cloud, Floris UMC/Restoration Lead Pastor
- What is the General Conference of the United Methodist Church? The General Conference is the body that sets official policy and speaks as the entire denomination. Every four years, United Methodists worldwide assemble and connect in worship, prayer, Communion, fellowship — and the legislative work that shapes our shared life.
- What is the Connectional Table? The Connectional Table discerns and articulates the vision and the stewardship of the mission, ministries, and resources of The United Methodist Church.
Consider volunteering to help with this event.
For more information, contact Pam Borland at firstname.lastname@example.org.