Serve Our World
Mission trips are an incredible way to get involved in the church, meet people and learn about a new culture. There is no greater joy than helping others achieve basic necessities that we take for granted here at home.
Some of our ongoing mission trips include:
- Sierra Leone: Support the work of Helping Children Worldwide (HCW) which manages the Child Rescue Center (CRC) and Mercy Hospital.
- Honduras: Support young women seeking to start their own businesses.
- Natural disaster relief: Travel to areas affected by natural disasters such as New Jersey (Hurricane Sandy), New Orleans (Hurricane Katrina) and Haiti (Port-au-Prince earthquake).
For more information, contact Linda Ravencraft at firstname.lastname@example.org.
January 25-February 1, 2023
Leadership Mission International (LMI) is a faith-based, nonprofit organization that provides educational and leadership development programs to young women in Honduras at a rural campus called The Leadership Center (TLC). Students attend a 2-year program where they are immersed in English and take classes in community development, business, and entrepreneurial skills.
We will help young women in Honduras learn English and develop crucial business skills while building community. Team members will visit TLC and participate in students’ daily routine. Activities may include:
- morning chores (working on the farm) and devotionals
- attending classes with opportunities to teach in the classroom or provide educational seminars
- building relationships by helping with homework (speaking and reading English)
- eating meals in the community dining area
Interested in learning more? Join us at one of the following interest sessions:
- October 16 at 7:30 p.m. via Zoom
- October 23 at 10 a.m. in person
- October 23 at 12 p.m. in person
For more information or to sign up for an interest session, contact Patti Schule at email@example.com.